- Sugarcane industry across India is using a manual hand cutting method for single bud plantation in sugarcane field.
- Sugarcane factories and nurseries was in search of machine which helps them to cut millions of sugarcane buds with minimum labor cost.
- The machine had a birth to cut 2700 buds in 8 hours with just 2 labors.
- It uses 2 high RPM motors with oil bath gear box and reciprocating mechanism with rotating blades. machine has 6 different models.
- The broom making people in rural India needed a viable solution which improves their productivity as well as reduces the child labor with affordable price tag.
- The “National conference on child labor in IIM Ahmadabad” led me to think and innovate towards the problem.
- After 2-3 models, I came up with a low cost motor driven machine which splints a broom within 1 minute. Earlier it took 25 minutes for splinting
- Machine runs on 0.5 HP motor. Its made out of MS metal parts. The blades are made of HCS(high carbon steel).
- YouTube link – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtZvgY2f-vw
Posted on:July 18, 2014